Read the truth about the happenings with Facebook and Zynga. No Holds Barred.
“This site & podcast is not endorsed by or affiliated with Zynga Inc. or Facebook Inc Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content
and materials Copyright Zynga Inc. & Facebook Inc All rights reserved.”
Starting Tonight, Social Missions will be active in Mafia Wars. The ability to initiate Social Missions will be out for a percentage of Users at first, but all will be able to help in any of the assigned roles until it is rolled out for everyone. Also, even those unable to initiate Social Missions will also see the new "Missions" Tab. No need to worry, all is well.
To help aid you, and your Mafia in these Social Missions, please check out the following Questions and Answers:
Q: How do Social Missions trigger?
A: These can randomly trigger while doing regular jobs
Q: How do Social Missions work?
A: There are two roles - Initiator and Helper.
1) Once a Social Mission triggers, as an Initiator, you can post a feed requesting help, or send specific requests for help from your Mafia. Only your Mafia can help.
2) There are various Helper positions that need to be filled, and each may have different requirements that are geared for different types of players.
3) A Social Mission timer will start. Your mission must be finished within this time to collect its reward.
4) In order to complete your mission, each of the Helpers must complete their assigned job.
-Helpers will receive a combination of experience points, cash, or Loyalty points for completing a job.
5) If you have a slower than desired Helper, you can remove them to have another Mafia member fill that slot.
6) Once all jobs are complete, the Initiator has to 'finish' the mission for it to be a success.
-Initiators will receive a combination of experience points, cash, or special loot for a successful mission.
-Helpers will receive a combination of loot, consumables, or loyalty points for a successful mission.
-These rewards must be collected promptly, or they will expire.
Q: How many Social Missions can I initiate?
A: Up to 10
Q: How many Social Missions can I help in?
A: Up to 10
Q: Can I help an Initiator on more than one of his/her Social Missions?
Q: What happens if the timer expires before the Social Mission is complete?
A: Nobody gets the reward for a completed mission. Everybody has to do their required role. All Helpers must complete their jobs. Then, the Initiator has to finish the mission.
New Missions will be added this week Also, other Social Content including Boss Fights, and other Events will be added in the future as well.